Better Call NFLX
Ah, Sunday, Sunday. So good to … you!
Because today, Great Ones, we’re tuning into some groundbreaking courtroom drama — the kind of shenanigans only a Sunday could bring.
Am I … am I still on Facebook?
No, no, but since you mentioned dying platforms that are losing their relevance … let’s bring in today’s Corporate Court defendant: Netflix (Nasdaq: NFLX).
This week, Netflix was sued by investors over its recent losses, with the suit claiming Netflix gave no warning of its impending subscriber doom.
The losses in question would be the 35% post-earnings plunge … if any of y’all NFLX investors missed that part.
I only say that because the Netflix investors who’re suing the company somehow didn’t catch the part where Netflix … ummm … did warn investors that it was in trouble.
In fact, Netflix has been warning investors about slipping user growth since at least January, if not earlier. So how far do these sue-happy investors think they’re gonna get with their claim?
That’s rhetorical, for those in the back of the courtroom…
Besides, literally everyone and their mother knew this was coming for Netflix.
Like, did y’all not tune into Great Stuff any of the times we mentioned Netflix’s subscriber churn worsening post-pandemic? We’ve only pointed out Netflix’s newfound blue-chip status a bajillion times…
But that’s not even my biggest gripe here.
I mean, if we’re being honest — and you know we like to keep it real ‘round here — Netflix isn’t the only Big Tech company currently going through some things right now. Have you seen the other FAANG stocks lately?
No? Well, let me paint you a picture.
Since the start of the year:
• Meta Platforms (Nasdaq: FB) is down 40%.
• Amazon (Nasdaq: AMZN) is down 33%.
• Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL) is down 14%.
• And Alphabet’s (Nasdaq: GOOGL) Google is down 20%.
In fact, of all five FAANG stocks, Apple is looking like the only one that can ride out the tidal wave of Wall Street’s earnings disappointments this quarter. And coming from this rag … that’s really saying something.
So riddle me this, Great Ones: With the FAANG Force Five going up in smoke, why in the world would some people continue to base their entire investment strategies around these five companies?
(Let alone try to make a lawsuit out of slowing subscriber — and by default, slowing NFLX stock — growth?)
As our colleague and friend Adam O’Dell recently summed it up: It comes down to lazy thinking.
Ouch … butter me up some before you drop that kinda truth bomb on me. Jeesh.
Sorry! But sometimes we gotta tell it to ya straight. And the straight talk here is this: If you’re still banking on FAANG becoming your hail Mary … at least in the short term … you should probably forego all such thoughts, like, immediately.
Instead, Adam recommends getting a bigger view of the stock market with a proven strategy — like the one found in his Green Zone Fortunes service!
According to Adam, Green Zone Fortunes is able to identify mega trends — and then the best stocks to invest in within those mega trends — using his patented “Stock Power Ratings” system.
One massive mega trend just became a screaming buy using this powerful stock-picking product … and you can find out exactly what it is by watching Adam’s presentation right here.
Don’t wait. Find out how to use Green Zone Fortunes — and learn more about this booming mega trend — before this opportunity passes you by.
And now for a few other factoids you might’ve missed this week:
• $1 Bitcoin? Fun fact: You don’t need $1 million to buy bitcoin. It just takes $1. That’s, what, the price of a KitKat?
• Crypto: The Next Generation. Come with me, Great Ones, on a journey to the deepest depths of the crypto space. The reason? Finding the “Next Gen Coin.”
• Rosetta Stoned. According to Charles Mizrahi, we just found the Rosetta Stone to the human genetic code. Translation please?
• Simple Tools To Time A Market Bottom. Does that say what I think it says? Timing the market? In this market?! It’s more likely than you think…
• Infinite Power!!!! What Adam O’Dell calls the “Infinite Energy” platform is in the wee early stages of taking the country by storm. (Following the laws of thermodynamics, of course.)
On that note, I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend, Great Ones! We’ll be back with you tomorrow to … well … do it all over again.
In the meantime, write to us whenever the market muse calls to you! [email protected] is where you can reach us best.
You can also check out our back pages here:
- Get Stuff: Subscribe to Great Stuff right here!
- Our Socials: Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Where We Live: GreatStuffToday.com.
- Our Inbox: [email protected].
Until next time, stay Great!
Powered by WPeMatico