Hope y’all are having a fantastic holiday season so far!! And the stress of holiday shopping/decorating/BEING YOUR AWESOME SELF hasn’t gotten the best of you 🙂
As the title gives away, I’m gonna be taking a break from blogging for a bit to refresh and just spend some good time catching up on other of life’s adventures… It’s been a helluva year from getting sick to getting fired to then coming back here with you all (the best!!!) and I think I just need to pause and soak it all in for a bit.
Speaking of which, can you believe it’s been 6 months now since I’ve been back?!
It feels like it was just yesterday, but also like 100 years ago too, haha… I can already tell the landscape has changed here (both on my blog, as well as the industry in general – everyone’s mostly chilling on social now!) but it’s been great getting creative again, so thanks to each and every one of you for welcoming me back in your life 🙂 Your support has done wonders for my recovery, and I feel like I’m now back to 95% of my old self – woo!
Here’s a short list of some of the things I’m gonna try and do over the next few weeks:
- Finally get my tattoos! (I’ve wanted some swallows for over 20 years now, and I think it’s well past the period of “making sure”, lol)
- Finally visit my friend’s coin shop (he started it years ago and I still haven’t been!)
- Check out a new brewery on the scene (I’m currently on a 5 week “no alcohol” streak at the moment, but I have a feeling I won’t be able to resist the calls of whiskey much longer as I sure do miss it!)
- Get all my Xmas shopping done early (I’ve been making lists all year long of what people like (thanks to whoever shared this tip with me!) so it’s really just a matter of scooping them up now…)
- Tip someone $100 per Andy Hill’s #BigTipTuesday movement!
- Attend Plutus Voices’ “Content Creator Happy Hour” in DC this upcoming December 7th (a fun get together of content creators in the area. If you’re nearby, come join us and hang out IRL! Even if you’re not a creator! More: plutusvoices.com/dc)
- Try CrossFit?! (our 100/day push-up challenge was a total success, and now I’m naively thinking that maybe I can handle CrossFit too?! Lol…)
- Create some TikTok videos and be a part of the Cool Kids
- Visit some museums farther out in the area… (I used to do one new one a week, but after awhile I ran out of all the ones closest to me so now the next nearest ones take a bit more planning)
- Visit new skate parks in the area (same as above. Though maybe I can double up and find places that offer both?)
If I can get just some of these crossed off I’ll be happy, but even if for some reason I accomplish none of them I’ll still call it a win. As long as I’m enjoying my time off to myself and slowing down life – the main point of it all. Gotta break the constant go-go-go and double make sure we’re go-go-going in the right places! Or at least freeze time for a bit and collect our thoughts.
So that’s what I’ll be up to this holiday season! Catching up on life and just being thankful I even have the option to take breaks as my body and mind need one… Money can buy you many things, but the older I get the more I’m realizing how *freedom* is one of the best of them. And I hope from the bottom of my heart you’re able to take advantage of all your hard work this Christmas too
Yours in finance (and life) forever,
PS: Here are some great articles around sabbaticals if you’re interested in pursuing them one day too:
- Why Taking a Sabbatical Was The Best Money I Ever Spent
- Things I Learned While Taking a Sabbatical
- Five Big Reasons to Retire Often
// Tattoo art by the legendary Sailor Jerry
Powered by WPeMatico